What You Should Know About Hurricanes
- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Consider purchasing flood insurance because damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Learn how to prepare in the event of an evacuation.
- Listen to local officials.
- Sign up for alerts from the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management.